5.29.2008

1000 Retail Graphics

In 2007 Rockport publishing released a book called 1000 Retail Graphics. To many designers this may have appeared to be just another compilation book, but to me it was the first time one of my designs had been published in a book. This actually came as a complete surprise to me since I was not informed that my design had been accepted.

I really have to thank my wife, Jesse, for her contribution to this logo design. While I was working as an independent designer in Dallas, TX, she was considering the possibility of opening her own boutique women's clothing store. Tallulah Belle's would tailor to a younger professional demographic and offer in-store alterations.

When working in an industry that is constantly criticized, it is nice to actually see your work appreciated and accepted as quality.

No comments: